Ihara Science Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) is committed to comply with the Personal Information Protection Act as well as its related laws and regulations. The Company is fully aware that handling personal information properly is one of the essential social responsibilities of an enterprise, and will endeavor to protect such information in accordance with the following policy.
Article 1. (Definition of Personal Information)
The term “personal information” shall mean information about an individual which can identify the specific individual (including such information as will allow easy reference to other information and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual).
Article 2. (Acquisition of Personal Information)
When the Company acquires personal information, it shall notify the purpose of utilization, and acquire such personal information by lawful and and fair means within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization.
Article 3. (Purpose of Utilization of Personal Information)
The Company shall utilize personal information within the scope of the following purpose of utilization and only to the extent necessary to execute its operation.
- To provide the Company’s products and services to customers
- To provide information on the Company’s products and services
- To respond to inquiries from customers
- For the Company’s sales and marketing activities
- For the Company’s product development
- For the Company’s publicity and IR activities
- For the Company’s administrative works including personnel, labor, and stock management
- For provision of information on the Company’s operation other than the above matters
Article 4. (Provision of Personal Information to A Third Party)
The Company shall not, except in the following cases, provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the person:
- Cases in which the person has consented to the provision
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, etc. in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person are likely to impede the execution of the affairs
Article 5. (Joint Use of Personal Information)
When the Company jointly use personal information with a third party or entrusts a third party with the handling of personal information, it shall conduct a thorough investigation of such third party, and settle the management obligations and confidentiality obligations in the outsourcing contract.
Article 6. (Security Control of Personal Information)
The Company shall take necessary measures for the prevention of unauthorized access to personal information as well as loss, theft, destruction, falsification, or leakage of personal information, and ensure the security control of personal information.
For this purpose, the Company shall establish the rules for protection of personal information, keep its employees informed about them, and audit the compliance status appropriately.
Article 7. (Disclosure, Correction, Discontinuance of the Utilization, etc. of Personal Information)
When the Company is requested by a person to disclose, correct, add, delete, discontinue utilizing, erase, or discontinue providing to a third party his/her personal information, the Company shall respond to such request to a reasonable extent after verifying the identity.
Article 8. (Contact)
For inquiries on handling of personal information, please contact:
- Corporate Control Office
- IHARA SCIENCE CORPORATION
- Address: 3-11-3 Takanawa, Minato ward, Tokyo 108-0074 Japan
- TEL: +81-3-6721-6988
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org